Monday, November 26, 2012

Should I hire an interior designer for my new home?


Q:

My husband and I just built house, I think I have a good sense of style but I’m worried that I won’t be able to do justice to out beautiful new home, should I call a professional?

A:

Good question, as a custom home builder I actually have witnessed many a homeowner try to do all the interior design and interior decorating themselves. A lot of time the results are less than appealing.

If you have any doubts then you should look into getting a professional interior designer. Interior designers are a very personal thing, don’t be afraid to call around and talk to several different designers. You will know the person you want to work with when you meet them.

Now I’m not saying that you can’t do any shopping for your new home or hang pictures and pick colours, but if you really want your home to flow and come together then there is nothing better than a second opinion, especially when the person is a professional at giving second opinions.

Interior designers don’t just pick colours for your walls; they are also able to shop for your furniture. One thing that most people don’t realize, interior designers have the ability to get large discounts when they buy furniture. This savings are then passed on to you, in short interior designers actually pay for themselves!
Interior designer can take the stress out of decorating a new home and can even make the process fun. So yes I would definitely recommend that you hire an interior designer.

Thanks for the question, keep them coming.

Rob Abbott
Operations Manager
Village Builders Inc.

1 comment:

  1. Want to Change your interior or looking to make a bridge with some partner then design will you out.
    Interior Design Dubai

    ReplyDelete